Saturday, September 1, 2018

Blog Post #1

1. How was the process of creating the GMail account and setting up the Blog?
The Process of setting up my GMail and Blog were easy and simple. I use GMail in my every day life, and have used Blogger before.

2. What do you expect to learn in this course?
I expect to learn how to further expand my ability to understand how context and history affects the creative process and end result of art, as well as the artists who create it. I also expect to learn how to improve my ability to write about art and explain my understanding of it.

3. How do you feel about taking an online course?
I am a bit nervous, but I was a bit excited to see there are many interactive elements to the class. My last online class I took was a bit hard for me to stay engaged.

4. What three things in the Growth Mindset (from Step 3) videos do you believe most apply to you?
1. It's been almost 7 years since I've graduated from SUNY Fredonia and been in school, so I feel a bit rusty. It was nice to refresh myself that if I apply myself and don't stop trying, I can get back into the groove of things.
2. I will be working full time while I am back in school, and the videos gave me a reminder that I need to be diligent with my time and prioritize my days and weeks so that I am able to balance both school and work without letting anything slip.
3. I liked the video of John Legend, because I am older now (an adult learner!) and I want to ensure I am looking at school this time around with a growth mindset to embrace the things that challenge me, and apply myself fully to becoming an art teacher. It took me four years of school, and a few jobs in the advertising field to realize it wasn't really for me, and I finally have figured out that I want to use my knowledge and skills to educate children, and I am excited to learn new things and apply myself.

1 comment:

  1. I like the way you answered these questions. I was also very nervous to start an online class but I seem to like it a lot. I am a sophomore and just starting to get in the routine of college.

    ReplyDelete

Extra Credit Questionnaire

1. Which assignment did you ENJOY working on the  best ?  Why? I enjoyed the curation project the best. Even though it took a bit of time...