Saturday, December 1, 2018

Module 13 & 14: Curation Exhibit Reflection Journal

This activity was really fun. I loved stepping back and thinking about what artists I would use, and what theme to choose. At first I struggled with a theme because I kept thinking the female perspective would be too broad a choice. However, as I kept thinking about it, I found links between all the female artists I chose. That link was that their work conveys their oftentimes different perspective than male artists. I did have some struggles, however. My biggest struggle was using the resources given in the resources folder- as they did not have as many artists or works as I wanted. I ended up using a lot of museum and artist websites, which was really helpful. It did take quite a bit of research to find sizes and mediums, and in some cases additional information on specific art works. I found this challenging and fun, though, and I learned quite a bit about artists I thought I already knew about! I also learned about some new ones, which is always great. It was awesome to put this together with influential women from all different decades and see how their perspective was/is shown through their work.

I really enjoyed this activity and hope to use it with my own art students some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Extra Credit Questionnaire

1. Which assignment did you ENJOY working on the  best ?  Why? I enjoyed the curation project the best. Even though it took a bit of time...