Saturday, September 22, 2018

Module 4 - Art Material Exploration #1


Here is my Color wheel:

 Here is my value scale:

1. Discuss what you thought about creating the Value Scale and Color Wheel.
It was fun to create both. I found myself on the value scale going back and forth continuously to even out my values and making them darker. It was harder than the color wheel to execute, I think because the boxes made me feel more of a pressure to ensure the values were correct.
2. Which media did you enjoy working with the best and why?
Before I began hand embroidering, I was always a painter, so working with paint is something that is relaxing and comes naturally to me. I feel it's more forgiving than charcoal or pencil.
3. What was the most important discovery in the creation of these studies?
I have never heard of the subtractive theory of the color wheel! I feel like I've been lied to most of my life! It was neat to see how magenta, cyan and yellow created red, blue and green. It was also fun mixing the colors to get a good version of the color I was going for. Mine seem a bit muted compared to the colors in the video, but my guess is it was the paint I was working with.
4. What is the most important information you learned from watching the videos for this project? What is your opinion of the videos?
The most important information I learned was that red and blue are too dark to create proper secondary colors. The videos were informative and I am more of a hands-on learner, so I liked watching the person complete the activity before I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Extra Credit Questionnaire

1. Which assignment did you ENJOY working on the  best ?  Why? I enjoyed the curation project the best. Even though it took a bit of time...