Thursday, October 4, 2018

Module 6- Reviewing Peer Responses to artwork

1. Hyperlink the Blogs you reviewed into your Blog
2. When looking at Project #1: (Elements and Principles), did you agree with the element or principle the artist listed with the images? Did you see other elements and principles in the images?
For the first blog, some of the images weren't labeled, so I wasn't sure which element or principle she was trying to convey. I specifically liked the way she captured movement. It was also neat to see that she used flowers in her exercise like I did, but she used it to convey harmony.
For the second blog, all of his elements and principles were there and I agreed with all of them. His movement image as also neat, it looks like smoke of some type, but I really felt movement when I looked at it. It was neat to look at the images and try to guess which element or principle he was trying to convey before I read which one it was. I definitely saw multiple elements and principles in a few of his shots; specifically his proportion shot, I also saw space and shape.
3. When looking at Project #2: Where there any images in the Peer Blogs the same as your own? If yes, what were they? Where the reasons the image was selected the same or different as your own?
No, there were no images in either blog that were the same as mine, as I went to The Burchfield Penney and they both went to The Albright Knox. However, I think they both did a great job of capturing a good mix of diverse works.
4. Where there any images that your Peers selected that pique your interest now? If yes, what are they and what is your connection with them? What would you want to know about them?
I was really interested in the sculpture Janice chose. I feel the shape, contrast and value are very pleasing to my eye and almost relax me. I'd like to see this in person and learn more about who the artist is and why they made it.
The piece I noticed in Devon's blog was the Jackson Pollock painting. I love the textures of his work, and it's so chaotic, yet my eye is consistently traveling around it. I'd like to see it in person to see the true scale of the work.
5. What do you think about  the process of reading your peers reflection? Do you find this to be a valuable in your learning?
On Janice's blog, I didn't see a reflection for either post. However, on Devon's blog, the first thing I related to was that he said he was drawn to a Jasper Johns as well as a James Ensor piece because of their bright colors and saturation. I also usually find myself being drawn to certain pieces because of their bright colors, I also work in saturated colors when I am creating myself. The second thing I found valuable was that he said he found the Pollock painting interesting because of the passion and confusion Jackson Pollock's works often convey. I, too, feel this way about his works. They are so chaotic, but they are also very harmonious.
6. Check your Blog and read comments posted by your Peers. Do you find their comments helpful?
Yes, absolutely. I love hearing feedback and I have always stood by the rule that another perspective is one of the most valuable things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Extra Credit Questionnaire

1. Which assignment did you ENJOY working on the  best ?  Why? I enjoyed the curation project the best. Even though it took a bit of time...